November 15, 2010

Tagged: I Love Your Blog

 (Images via we heart it)

 Hello, everyone! Welcome back from the weekend!

The lovelies over at Moi Decor tagged me to answer some 'I Love Your Blog' questions! Merci beaucoup!

Enjoy, lovely readers!

~~~~~~~~~

 (Image via we heart it)

1. Why did you create this blog?

When I created this blog I didn't really have a direction. I wasn't sure what I wanted it to be about or who would even want to read it. I just celebrated my one year blog birthday, and in that year I think my blog has become something of beauty and inspiration. I devote so much time to every post- every word and every picture has a meaning. Ultimately, I write this blog for myself, but I also hope to bring happiness and inspiration to those who come here and find something to love that keeps them coming back.

****


2. What kind of blogs do you follow?

I follow all kinds of blogs! I find, however, that I'm attracted to those with lovely pictures, words, DIY projects, product reviews, decorating tips, recipes etc. Yes, I said 'all kinds,' remember? A few of my favorites include:


****

(Image via)

3. Your favorite make up brand?

I have loved Estee Lauder since I can remember! It's the only foundation that I've ever used. For the fun stuff, though, like lipstick and eye shadow, I like to experiment with various brands.

****
(Image via)

4. Your favorite clothing brand?

It's so hard to pick just one! I know it isn't a brand, but I adore anything from Anthropologie, as most of you know. Favorite brand, though, would probably be Karen Kane. If you aren't familiar with KK, you don't know what you're missing! You can find it at most department stores- so stylish and fantastic quality. You will get tired of the pieces long before they wear out.

****

(Image via)

5. Your indispensable make-up product? 

Red lipstick and mascara. 
I can't pick between the two, but these are my answers and I can do as I please! I think you can make such a statement with red lips and lovely eyelashes. Just look at Ms. Watson in that photo, stunning, right?

****

(Image via)

6. Your favorite color?

Well, this all depends on the day. Right now I'm loving vibrant pops of color with neutrals. I think of 'favorite color' in terms of fashion, actually. I purchased some lovely fuchsia tights last week that I can't wait to wear- a la Blair Waldorf, no?

****

(Image via Trishy)

 7. Your favorite film?

Father of the Bride will always be my favorite film. I wrote an entire post about here if you'd like to check it out!

****


 8. Your favorite perfume?

Miss Dior Cherie. It's so feminine and pretty. I don't wear it everyday, I like to save it for special occasion, or when I'm feeling especially glamourous!

****

(Image via dustjacket attic)

9. What country would you like to visit and why?

Italy. No doubt about it. After seeing 'Eat, Pray, Love' I long to have a pasta moment of my own!

****

(Image via Elle)

10. Write the last question and answer it yourself.
Favorite magazine?

While I have many that I read, ELLE is definitely my favorite. It's the one that I've been reading the longest and find constant inspiration in it's glossy pages.

~~~~~~

(Image via we heart it)

Now I'm tagging these lovely ladies:


 Hope you'll play along, darlings!

****

Happy Monday, everyone! Here's to a great week!

XoXo,

Music Info:
Artist: John Legend
Song: Let's Get Lifted
SHARE:

17 comments

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

pretty post Julie! Im also looking to wear some bright colored tights, maybe yellow :)

nomo wino daph said...

Hey Doll!

Let me tell you....#8, lol, that's how I was with my pealrs BUT you need to spritz yourself up each day girl cause everyday is special! (and then stick on your FF & P's and enjoy!)

xx

S said...

Love Italia! :) I think I hear a girls trip in the future for all of us :)

Hoep you have a fabulous Monday love!

Anna @ IHOD said...

I had fun reading this:) Father of the Bride is one of my all time faves too!!
Happy Monday!

camille said...

Umm... I heart you! Adore your answers, doll, and I love that we both love red lipstick, Dior cherie and Blair Waldorf. Great jobs, sweets! :)

Camille @ Paris in Pink

Unknown said...

So glad I found your blog--love the fresh happy feeling here!

xo Mary Jo

Suburban Princess said...

Congrats! I love learning about my bloggy friends!

melifaif said...

your posts are NEVER a disappointment! Always so inspirational and fashionable. LOVE! Have a lovely week sweets.

Unknown said...

darling, thank you so much for including me as one of your favorite blogs - i am beyond flattered ! your blog continues to inspire me - happy monday!
XXO

Kori said...

What a fabulous post Julie honey! I love getting to know more about you! Make sure to check out my Christmas giveaway if you haven't already!

www.blondeepisodes.com

Kori xoxo

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Thank you sweetie for passing this on over to me! I just loved reading your answers! And LOVE that you love red lipstick :)

Happy Monday, honey! xoxo

designchic said...

Loved reading your answers...so fun!!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! So fun finding out details about you! I am dying to go to Italy. Seriously, Julia Roberts eating that spaghetti? That was the best scene! I love Father of the Bride too... great movie! Thanks for tagging me... you know I love your blog too!! xo

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

Loved reading your answers, Julie!! You're right, we had several that were similar! And thanks for listing me in your fav blogs ... such a treat, sweetie! Now I have to try Karen Kane! It's so fun learning more about the blog authors, isn't it? Hope your week is a fun one! xoxo

Marie said...

Fun read, glad to know more about you.:D

Happy Tuesday, Julie!:D

***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com

Rachel Hazelton Interior Design said...

I'm loving this! Great post & I love this John Legend song..fabulous as always.
Rachel

Pink Champagne said...

Would you believe how many of these we have in common?! Father of the Bride, Elle, and yes - Italy is amazing and you must go as soon as you get a chance! Big hugs!