December 19, 2011

A Week in Black & White

(Image via la douleur exquise)


What started as a complete accident, quickly turned into a fashion game for me last week. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday I inadvertently put together combinations of black and white for my outfits. When I realized Wednesday morning that I had 'done it again,' I decided I needed to carry the trend through the week!


I can't tell you how fun it was to dress with a certain color combination in mind everyday. I'm a neutral girl in the winter anyway, so black and white was quite a fun combo for my first little fashion experiment like this.

Here are my outfits from last week:

***


(Monday: Black three-quarter sleeved dress trimmed in winter white with large buttons, black tights, and black Isaac Mizrahi for Target flats)

**

(Tuesday: Black pants, Karen Kane floral printed tie-at-waist silk blouse, a $20 TJ Maxx find black & white sweater, red patent pointy flats; Jewelry: Tiffany's)

**

(Wednesday: Mossimo silk spotted dress over Target polka dot ruffled blouse, black tights, black flats with flower embellishment; Jewelry: Tiffany's, boutique finds)

**

(Thursday: Black dress, Michael Kors stripe sweater with rhinestone button detail, black chunky sweater on top, black leggings, and black flats with flower embellishment; Jewelry: Tiffany's, Target, mark by Avon)

**

(Friday: Old Target sweater dress, black Karen Kane infinity scarf, black tights, black Steve Madden boots; Jewelry: Tiffany's, Pandora, boutique finds)

(Kate Spade iPhone case featured all week)

(All images via julieleahbeb)

***

Before you ask, no I'm not doing this experiment this week too. However, I recommend trying it! Your mind starts to sort through your clothes in a whole new way. You'll be digging out things you forgot you had!

Happy Monday, friends!

SHARE:

8 comments

Miss Janice said...

Love all your outfits! Yes, I think you should do this more often!

Glitterista said...

So cute, Julie! I loved following along with you on Instagram. Happy last week before break! :)

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

How fun!!! I love all your looks. I was noticing your fab outfits on tumblr over the past few days. And I love how your phone matches too :)

Happy Monday, love! xoxo

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

So cute, Julie ... love all of your instagram photos ... do you have to have an i-phone? I have a blackberry but am getting an i-phone after the beginning of the year ;) Hope you have a very Merry Christmas, sweets! xoxo

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou
http://oohlafroufrou.blogspot.com
This Week: "Have Yourself a Sparkly Little Christmas" with free Paris-inspired gift tags!

Shayna @ The Fancy Yancey said...

Cute outfits! & I have the same polka dot Mossimo dress too!

Beth's Blog said...

gorgeous, I love black and white!

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

Not all accidents are bad, obviously. I think Tuesday's the winner.

http://www.thegirlieblog.com

Hannah said...

So fun! I loved seeing all of your combos pop up on IG. I know I've told you, but your ring is seriously gorg!! Have a fantastic week this week before the holiday weekend! XO