August 5, 2015

Let's Go There: Asheville, NC


I'm so excited to have Gentry on the blog today as part of my travel series! You may remember her from our style collaboration from a few months ago. I can't tell y'all how excited I am to eventually get to meet this girl. She is one of the sweetest, most genuine girls I've "met" through blogging.

She and a group of girlfriends are going to Asheville, NC for the weekend, and I loved reading about what they have planned! If you've never been to Asheville, add it to your list of must-visit cities. It's so unique and fun! 

**
I'm headed to Asheville, NC with 6 of my best friends from college for a girls' weekend!

We're going to be doing a little bit of everything Asheville has to offer on this trip! We're staying in a cabin in the mountains so we have some hiking planned. We'll also be doing brewery tours, going out downtown, dancing to the drum circles and white-water rafting (a first for most of us!).



I really challenged myself to pack in a carry-on for this trip because I have a tendency to be a huge over-packer! Since most of what we'll be doing is athletic/outdoors I knew I could limit my "cute clothes" to the pieces I really loved (and not just pack anything that struck my fancy)! I'm also a fan of packing lots of rompers since they are super versatile- sandals for day and wedges for night & you have two looks in one! Plus, packing bold accessories helps switch up your outfits and takes up way less room than another piece of clothing.



At the last minute I decided to bring this romper - I've already worn it more times than I can count so I knew I would be comfortable wearing it to sight see! 


All photos by Gentry of Girl Meets Bow for this feature
SHARE:

3 comments

Brittany@TheLadyLawyer said...

Asheville is one of my favorite weekend getaway spots as it's just around 3 hours from me. I'd highly recommend eating at The Corner Kitchen :)

Unknown said...

I enjoy reading the "Let's Go There" summer series! Not only is it helpful to learn some packing tips and tricks from the travelers, but also fun to read about their destinations. As a local Ashevillian, I can't help but smile at how much y'all love the city! Keep the fantastic posts coming!

landseaorair@gmail.com

Unknown said...

This is such a fun series, I have always wanted to go to Asheville!
xo, Syd
www.sincerelysyd9.blogspot.com
sincerelysyd9@gmail.com