Since the Zara blanket scarf craze of 2013, everyone wants to get their hands on this hot little accessory. And not just one, every color combination and pattern known to humankind. Well, I did some research for y'all and came up with a pretty awesome (if I do say so myself) round up of the best blanket scarves. Believe me when I say, these are worth the hype. So soft, so comfy, and so warm. I just received the one from Aerie in the mail yesterday and I can't wait to wrap up in it! The ones I've featured here are all under $40 - some are even under $30! Shop them all here:
So, basically this is how I feel about Monday. I've never been a Monday person - I take it after my mama. And after a fun-filled (but exhausting) weekend like I had, I really just need one more day to recover. A group of my coworkers and I took our annual trip to SCarowinds on Saturday night and didn't get back home until the early hours of the morning on Sunday. I spent the biggest part of yesterday catching up on some serious sleep. Today it's back to grind and I'm wondering where did my weekend go?!
These photos were taken a couple weeks ago but between work and spending too much time watching Once Upon a Time on Netflix, I haven't been able to find the time to sort through and edit them. As you know, I love print mixing and there's something so classic about leopard spots and polka dots! I'm kind of excited that it's getting chilly enough to wear tights with this outfit!
Kate Spade is on sale this weekend! Yes - the entire site, in store and in the outlet through midnight tomorrow! There are some adorable pieces right now that I am definitely eyeing! Use code F14FFUS to get 30% off your entire purchase!
It's been an unintentionally slow week around here and over on instagram. It's been crazy busy at work and (if I'm being really honest) my motivation has been lacking. Is it the weather? My crazy schedule? Unfollows getting me down? To be honest, I think it's a combination of everything. This blogging stuff isn't for the soft-hearted, I'll tell you that right now. But sometimes those little stabs of "why don't they like what I'm posting" can really get you down. Anywho, you'll never please everyone - that's what I have to remember and keep on keeping on.
I'm looking forward to this weekend with my friends and coworkers as we take (what has become) our annual trip to SCarowinds. I don't do scary things, but this is so fun! Hope you all have a spectacular weekend!
Who doesn't love pinterest? Um, no one these days. Everyone's bff, mama, grandmama, sister, favorite teacher - well, you get it. Everyone is on pinterest. I love that someone was creative enough to come with an online space that is the equivalent to hoarding magazine clippings. (Which I still do, too!) As bloggers, we're all about doing everything better and making it a better experience for our followers - you're always on our minds, peeps. Below are five of my favorite tips for better pinning! If you have other tips that you swear by, please leave them in the comments!
1. Pin LARGE images - Keep your images around 700 px width by 1100 px length. Too small and your images get lost in the shuffle, but too large and they can be annoying in your followers' feed. Make them just large enough to pop, get someone's attention and ta-da repin your picture!
2. Pin VERTICAL images - It's been proven that we tend to gravitate to vertical images more often that horizontal ones on pinterest. I've read this in several articles and the Ahalogy girls talked about it at the SBS Conference this summer. Vertical images just get noticed more easily - and that's what we want!
3. Use accurate CAPTIONS and HASHTAGS - When people search for a certain kind of image on pinterest you want your images to be in that mix! Using accurate captions of what's in that photo or using relevant hashtags will get you noticed more often and ultimately get you more repins - and more followers!
4. Make sure the ORIGINAL SOURCES are linked - You don't want people stealing your stuff, right? It's wrong. Well, so is not sourcing images on pinterest. I will be the first to admit that I still have work to do on sourcing my pins, but I'm working on it. Just be conscious when you pin or repin that the image links back - give credit where it's due!
5. VERIFY your website/blog - Verifying your site gives you more engagement and traffic and it boosts your online visibility - step-by-step instructions! Remember when people had to click on the globe icon to take them to your site? Now, your site url is already visible and when you verify you get a little red check. People easily and quickly make the connection between your pinterest and your site and are more likely to click over. And with the new pinterest layout, your social media links are front and center!
I am currently obsessing over a super chic faux fur infinity scarf. They're surprisingly versatile - how fabulous do they look layered over a tee like Jill and Danielle? Or dressed up with a skirt and tights like Katie? Fur is definitely on-trend again for fall and winter, and I can't wait to get my hands on one of the options below!