July 6, 2011

Strawberry Melon Nails



(Images via 1, 2)

***

Happy Wednesday, sweet friends!

I hope you all had a wonderfully relaxing weekend with family, friends, and fireworks.

I was inspired by Emily to share some pretty summer nails that I created yesterday using my signature OPI Cajun Shrimp and a new Essie favorite, Cute as a Button. I love corals and reds in the summer- I think there's nothing more flattering on golden, tanned skin. These two colors combined have added a juicy little pop to my fingertips!


***



OPI Cajun Shrimp and Essie Cute as a Button


**



As I've mentioned before, I swear by OPI Chip Skip. It keeps your manicure looking like new for days longer. I also use a platinum/white polish as my base coat. I've found that it works better than a clear coat and keeps the color from streaking. Finally, I use a cheap top coat that I picked up at a drug store.


**



I use one coat of Sally Hansen Platinum as my base.


**



Next, I swiped on Cute as a Button. This has become my new go-to color for summer- it's the perfect peachy-melon hue. I used it on all my nails (and toes!) except my ring fingers.


**



Then, on just my ring fingers I used Cajun Shrimp.


**



 (All photos taken and edited by me)


The finished product- juicy, strawberry melon nails! I snapped that photo just after finishing, but once they set and dry really well, the color difference is even more distinct and pretty. Even B noticed them when we went to dinner last night :)


***


I love the idea of adding a little unexpected surprise to your nails, especially in the summertime. I had never tried this technique before, but I know it won't be the last. Emily from Cupcakes and Cashmere has created two looks (here and here) lately that I can't wait to recreate!


XoXo


SHARE:

13 comments

Unknown said...

that's a fabulous nail polish color Julie! Just came acros your blog and it's stunning :) cant wait to read more! xo

Hannah said...

These are just perfect for the summer! I love my Cajun Shrimp, for sure one of my go-to colors. I will have to try the OPI Chip Skip. I asked the nail salon man about his top coat and he gave me a bottle! I don't know what it is but it is great.
XOXO,
Hannah
ps. I have a new layout and I am having a celebration giveaway!

Anonymous said...

Love that Essie color! xo

Mama Pea said...

Great colors, and I like painting one finger differently. I'm still wearing my 4th of July nails :) http://twitpic.com/5jsnkp

Southern Belle Mama said...

Love the colors! Peach/Corals are my favorite right now...I love Essie Peach Daquari! I'll have to try your two-tone look. :)

Also, I love Emily's nail creations too! I read her blog all the time.

Jessica said...

I love Cute as a Button. It is my new favorite color to wear too!

Anonymous said...

Love the idea of just a pop of a slightly different color on one nail! Great nail polish colors...

Lindsey Regan Thorne said...

Awww love!!! Cajun Shrimp has been a favorite for years! I love this post!

katelyn w said...

I love love cajun shrimp! I have it on my toes right now. Where did you get your ring? I love it!

Football and Fried Rice said...

Love, love the melon color! Looks great on you!

Hot Pink Combat Boots said...

Great idea to mix colors. Hmmmn, I need to revisit my nail polish bag.

Thanks for the tip!
Michelle ;)

I'maNolaGirl said...

I need to stop biting my nails! Yours look fabulous!!!

Lindsay said...

I am obsessed with Cute as a Button! Thanks for the tip on using the white base coat - never thought to do that. I'm going to try it today!