May 10, 2013

North v. South: Print Mixing


I'm sad to say, lovely readers, that our North v. South collaboration is coming to a close today. Can you believe this makes six weeks?! I'm overwhelmed with the amazing response from everyone and can't thank you enough. We've had so much fun putting together these spring-y outfits for you all!

The final trend that we're tackling is print-mixing - a trend that I hope never goes away! It's just so fun and playful. I styled a blouse from the Prabal Gurung for Target line with a simple striped skirt. Great minds think alike because Shelby also featured a piece from that line! If you're in need of some print-mixing inspiration Bethany, the blogging beauty of B Soup, is a master. Read on for photos of my look and detail on what I'm wearing.






Skirt, TARGET // Blouse, PRABAL GURUNG for Target (no longer available) // Heels, POUR LA VICTOIRE
Necklace, SPIKE THE PUNCH // Clutch, T.J. MAXX find // Sunnies, Borrowed from my mama

You can check out my team's print mixing on their blogs and follow along with the hashtag #northvsouthstyle!

Alex at Lex What Wear // Michelle at Pink Champagne // Tracy at The Right Shoes
Shelby at Glitter and Gingham // Katie at Pearls and Twirls
SHARE:

8 comments

Something Delightful by Rachel Timmerman said...

First off, I've so enjoyed each addition of North Vs. South! I was always so excited to see what y'all would do and pair up next!

I adore print mixing! Yours turned out lovely :)

-Rachel
www.apreppystateofmind.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I love it! Stripes and florals are my fave for print mixing. Adorbs as always xx

Lemon Stripes

Alyssa said...

Gorgeous gals! LOVE how you mixed the stripes and florals. So fun!

Kelly Vaughan said...

I love this look. Pattern mixing done perfect :) Your style is always so ladylike

Kelly Vaughan
She's In High Cotton

Anonymous said...

SUPER cute. Stripes like that go so well with so many prints, that I'm forgetting they;re even considered a print themselves!
xx, Emily
so anthro

Sam (Savvy City Chic) said...

Love the outfit! I'm still not bold enough to mix prints but I am so jealous of people that do it with ease like you. And your clutch is so cute! Oh TJ Maxx and Marshall's you will be the death of my wallet.

Unknown said...

I have been mixing prints a ton too! I love florals and stripes! Need to try that one next.

xo
Sloane // Sailing the Sea of Style
http://www.sailingtheseaofstyle.blogspot.com

glitterfancy said...

I've really enjoyed this series! I'm sad to see it end, but I'm sure you'll have some amazing things in the future! =)