January 2, 2014

Resolutions Etc.


The excitement that comes with a new year is unbelievable. You can feel it all around you for days. Eventually, though, the sparkle and shine starts to wear off and you're left trying to decide if those resolutions and goals are really worth the time and energy. For the past couple of years I've made the choice to forego lofty resolutions and dedicate the new year to focusing on being a better "me," treating others with kindness - basically, not setting myself up for failure. I've become more interested in and committed to living a fulfilling life from year-to-year than devoting myself to resolutions that I know will not be followed through with. Above are the things that I'm dedicating my focus to for 2014, and I'm quite excited!

I'm heading back to work today from my two week Christmas vacation. Yes, it's going to be a looooong Thursday. Happy January, friends!

SHARE:

7 comments

Laura said...

Happy New Year! Great post :)

Kristen said...

Happy New Year Julie! Here's to a better year ahead!

Mae B said...

Love it! Happy New Year Julie! Hope we get to meet up this year! xoxo

Jessica @ Here&Now said...

Fabulous my dear, I'm so happy I met you in 2013, cheers to even more blessings in 2014!

xx
Here&Now

Rebecca and Lori said...

Love the way you set this up! So cute and clever.
In regards to returning to work, at least it is a super short week- that is always nice, especially after the kids (and teachers!) have been off for a little bit.
Hope your first day back went well!
Lori

Ivana said...

I love your philosophy, Julie! This has been exactly my approach for the past few years: no lofty goals formulated in the haze caused by champagne bubbles. Instead, I try to focus on making myself grow as a person, as a daughter, as an entrepreneur and as a friend. I'm striving to become a better version of myself every single day, so why should New Year be any better? :)

I love all your resolutions: some of them are similar to mine!

Happy New Year, Julie, may 2014 be fun, fabulous and full of happiness!

xx Ivana

Macarons and Pearls

Anonymous said...

Love these! Especially meet more bloggers :) Happy New Year!